This is a full day program. This program covers teaching bush survival skills in a natural environment.
The day begins in the Molesworth Environment Centre with an introductory session where we:
- talk about real life experiences of people who have used their knowledge to survive when they have been caught in unforeseen circumstances.
- Investigate equipment required for overnight bushwalks and day walks.
- Discuss items that could be stored in a small, pocket-sized grab bag. (The children love this activity and can, from this, put together their own kits).
Outside activities include:
- Map and compass game (single group only)
- Map and compass introduction
- General bush safety
- Building emergency shelters
- Cooking damper